Review of Decentralisation Programme
Note on HR implications
Implications – Completed projects
- Staff in completed decentralised locations to be treated in same way as in other Departments in the regions.
- Policy will be developed during 2012 to address the issue of staff who wish to move from one regional location to another.
- Proposals on the use the CAF in the interim, pending the roll out of that policy, are to be developed in conjunction with the staff side.
Implications – Cancelled Projects
- CAF will be closed for cancelled projects. Lists can be retained pro-tem for the purpose of assisting in the identification of those interested in moving to the general location.
- Decentralisation tags for cancelled projects will fall. Staff with tags to be treated in the same way as other staff in the Department for the purposes of redeployment etc.
- Those who have moved to an organisation for purpose of decentralisation to remain with that organisation notwithstanding that the move is not to go ahead.
- Clerical Officers (CO) and Staff Officers (SO) who transferred to a new department or office in order to decentralise have lost their seniority. No strong views, but propose that these should revert to their original seniority date, unless the CPSU wish otherwise.
- Where an element of review project that has been moved is all that will move, that element to be treated as a completed project and the remaining element to be dealt with as a cancelled project.
- Where staff in a moved element are to be moved again, the terms of the Croke Park Agreement will apply.
Central Decentralisation Unit